marți, 30 martie 2010

Record Your Thoughts About the Twilight Saga With Twilight Journals

Last year I finally broke down and read the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. I say broke down because I had heard of them several years ago and had avoided reading the books. Not because they didn't interest me but because everyone was doing it! I know it is silly but that is me! When I did finally read them I decided to record my thoughts reading the series for the first time in Twilight journals.If you have ever read these books you will know that you get emotionally involved and very attached to the characters. I have found that I relate to certain characters. It has been a while since I was in high school but it is still fresh in my mind. I remember what it was like to have my first love and the feelings that came from that experience. No my first love didn't have special circumstances like Bella and Edward but I could still relate.I am so glad I recorded my thoughts and feelings in my Twilight journals. It is now fun to look back on the questions and thought I had when I read about Edward being so distant from Bella. Also when Bella wanted so badly just to reach out and touch Edward but was afraid to. I remember feeling that when I liked a guy!When I decided to finally read the Twilight saga I talked to family members about whether they liked it or not. Some didn't but most did. I always followed up with a question "Why?". There were many answers but two stood out to me. I have a sister-in-law that liked them but she said she wouldn't read them again. The reason why is because she didn't want to get so involved again, emotionally. The other answer that almost changed my mind about reading the books was my niece (she is nineteen). She said she liked them but she really didn't think that teen aged girls should have the example of Bella being so obsessed with Edward.These responses made me think I need to have an outlet for reading the books. This is when I made my decision to keep Twilight journals. I get very invested in books and have been known to obsess over guys. These journals became an outlet for me while I read. I got mad, anxious, overwhelmed, scared and even experienced longing. When I felt these things I wrote!You may have read the Twilight Sage before but I would encourage you to write in a journal as your read the books again. It made my experience reading very enjoyable. Now if you haven't read the Twilight series and intend to keep a journal. You may even learn something about yourself while your write! dr seuss book collection

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu