marți, 30 martie 2010

Nicholas Sparks - Dear John

My name is John Tyree. I haven't been the greatest son but I make a really good soldier. I finally figured out that I had to do something with my life. I didn't want to go to school and had no ambitions so I joined the Army. On one of my leaves home, I was at the beach surfing without a care in the world. I had two weeks to kill before I went back to Germany. I noticed a group of college kids had rented one of the beach houses for the summer but didn't give it much thought. While taking a break from surfing I saw a couple of girls walk by and one said hi. There wasn't anything that I thought about that either except there was something about that girl that was nice. When her bag fell into the water and the boys that joined them wouldn't go after it, I decided to. When I got out and handed her bag back to her, she insisted that I have something to eat with them since it was the last thing she could do.Even spending a little time with this girl made him feel complete. Savannah Curtis seems to feel the same way about John. Knowing that they only had 2 weeks together before he left, they spend all their time together that they could. He took her all around town showing her sights that she wouldn't have seen without him. He also took her to meet his father. His mother wasn't in the picture anymore and his father was one of a kind. He was a habitual person and didn't seem to talk about anything but collecting coins. That was his passion. When John was fed up with only discussing coins, there wasn't any conversations then. After meeting Savannah, John was beginning to have a little more patience with his dad.Once John left to return to Germany, their relationship was still going strong. They would write all the time and he would even call when he had the time but when it comes time to come home, there seemed to have problems and the longer away he stayed the worse their relationship got.You have to read this. I saw the previews of this movie and decided that I would really like this. I know from other Sparks' books that this would be sad but I wanted to read it anyway. I was finished in less than 2 days. You wouldn't believe how easy he is to read. I was into this story from page one and my interest never wavered. I don't usually read these kinds of books. I rather like magic and vampires but this relationship was magical in a way. I couldn't believe the ending though. I greatly recommend this one to anyone who has feelings. You will laugh, cry, scream, and want to throw the book across the room, but that's what makes it so GREAT!! seuss book collection sets cat hat

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu